-
June 10th, 2005, 11:21 AM
#1
Inactive Member
My daughter keeps telling me she wants her new bedroom decor like Kit's. The only thing of Kit's I know is what furniture is pictured on the website...green bed etc. But she says no not that...as it is in the Meet Kit book when her Mom redecorates. Is there anywhere I can find a picture or description of this room????
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 10, 2005 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Marly's Mom ]</font>
-
June 10th, 2005, 11:59 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I would suggest browsing the Kit books at your local library. All the AG books have some pictures.
Nann
-
June 10th, 2005, 12:04 PM
#3
Inactive Member
LOL! - it sounds like your daughter may be talking about when Kit's mom redecorates her room to be very pretty and girly. Kit actually doesn't like it, and when the Kittredge family needs to give Kit's room away to a boarder, she ends up feeling more at home in the attic with her old roll-top desk and the stored green bed.
There is a description in Chapter One (pages 4-5 in my book). Here is part of it: "Kit's room was painted pale pink with white trim. There was a canopy bed as high and white and fluffy as a cloud, and a dressing table with a lacy skirt around it. The desk was white and spindly-legged." Sounds very pretty!!!
Shawn
-
June 10th, 2005, 01:36 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Shawn is right, Kit's Mom does decorate her room before the depression hits the family.
But if your DD wants the Green bed motif room, that maybe easier!!! You can buy an old bed, paint it green with flowers like Kit's. Buy an blue colored comforter set. White pillows. A roll top desk is easy, as many are still out there in garage sales and flea markets. (we got one) You can buy from a flea market an old phone, like the one Kit has. a coat hanger, your DD can use this put her outfits or special items there.. You can also find a typewriter for $10 at yard sales or lfea markets. For curtains, you can use plain white colored ones. You can purchase a burgundy trunk, (almost like Kit's) and use it in a corner or the room or front of the bed. You can also paint the room light beige or light colored brown for the "attic" affect. And to complete the motfi, buy a large stuffed Basset Hound like Grace, and put her next to the Trunk.
-
June 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
#5
Inactive Member
OOOOOH! I like your ideas Ria: you are making me want to talk my DD into decorating her room like that!!! (not gonna happen anytime soon though: we just finished renovating her room and have most of the house to finish still) [img]wink.gif[/img] .
Shawn
-
June 10th, 2005, 08:06 PM
#6
Inactive Member
She has Kit's green bed and said she wanted it like in the book so I bet it is the pink frilly room. She was upset when I told her Kit was more of a tomboy. My dd doesn't think she (herself) is one but underneath I do think that is her true personality. Maybe she wants the frillies to prove to me that she is a girly girl - who knows. Your description of the attic room sounds much more fun!
-
June 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Ria: you'd be getting me into trouble with that! If DD saw a picture of what you are describing, she would probably jump all over it, and my DH would be like: "Oh no . . . I just finished painting her room pink, and I am not going to paint it again". On second thought though, if you do have an urge to create such a picture, I could put it away for when she is a bit older (she is only 4 now), and she would probably still love it!
Marly's Mom: I think my daughters are both 50/50 on being girly-girl and tomboy. They love their pink rooms, AG dolls, and Barbie, but they also love playing with trains and their Justice League characters.
Shawn
-
June 11th, 2005, 03:32 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Hhehe! use them!!! got plenty of ideas!
I can also draw you a room for DD, so you can see how it will look, and then you and her can decide. I can mail it to you if needed. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
June 13th, 2005, 05:19 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I am laughing because the woman whom the kit books were based on is a good close friend of the family. Pink and canopy beds are so not her. Her vacation home is decorated in vintage Marimekko fabric and the furniture is danish modern intermixed with a splattering of salvaged furniture from a CCC work camp which was on the property. Two of the beds are identical to the green iron daybed in the books. My daughter wants the pink frilly look as well but that is not going to happen unless this baby is another boy. Part of the bribe is that if she takes the small bedroom I will redo it any way she wants.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks